Please login to the form below

Not currently logged in
Email:
Password:

Gedeon Richter strengthens its biotechnology business

Gedeon Richter, and Helm, its German partner, have purchased Strathmann Biotec for EUR 22.9m to expand both companies' biotechnology research activities

Hungary-based generics manufacturer, Gedeon Richter, and Helm, its German partner, have purchased German-headquartered Strathmann Biotec for EUR 22.9m to expand both companies biotechnology research activities.

The joint venture will be 70 per cent owned by Gedeon Richter, with Helm holding the remaining 30 per cent. The deal is subjected to regulatory approval.

Strathmann Biotec has a biotechnology plant for bacterial biotechnology, as well as an R&D laboratory and pilot plant capacity. The company employs 81 staff.

Gedeon Richter says that its strategic goal is to establish a strong biopharmaceutical line to expand its worldwide product portfolio by offering products with high added value.

16th August 2007

Share

Featured jobs

Subscribe to our email news alerts

PMHub

Add my company
BASTARD . LONDON

BASTARD . LONDON collaborates with you to amplify brand ideas into a visual brand language that resonates and engages with...

Latest intelligence

AstraZeneca’s oncology renaissance
Susan Galbraith played a key role in restoring AstraZeneca’s place in cancer drug development – she talks about the future of oncology and why there’s more to be done to...
Navigating the antibiotic resistance crisis
Blue Latitude Health speaks to Tara DeBoer, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher and CEO of BioAmp Diagnostics to explore the antimicrobial resistance crisis, and learn how a simple tool could support physicians...
Combined immunotherapies – potential and pitfalls
‘Combining therapeutic compounds is the first logical step towards better results, namely higher rates of patients responding to treatment, with deeper and more sustained responses’...

Infographics