Only true engagement drives genuine behaviour change.
We combine deep insight, scientific expertise and novel thinking to stimulate engagement.
We are emotive. the healthcare communications agency, where engagement is everything.
emotive. is an award-winning healthcare communications agency working with leading global and EMEA companies in life sciences including medical device and rare disease specialists.
Our in-house scientific, creative and development teams stimulate engagement; using core insights to build strategic plans leading to the development and delivery of tactical programs. These are embedded with novel thinking, often utilising new technologies that address traditional challenges and motivate behavior change.
At a community level, we promote engagement in science by students through our sponsorship of the emotive. science lab and pre-university prize at a UK girls school. We are also developing pro-bono awareness activities and raising funds for Jo’s Cervical Cancer Charity.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Key Opinion Leader development
- Publications planning & writing
- Stakeholder mapping
- Medical education
- Symposia & standalone meetings
- Advisory boards
- Strategy & planning
- Message development
- Branding & creative
- Market access
- Meetings, events & booths
- Internal comms & training
- Disease awareness
- Patient insights & segmentation
- Adherence solutions
- Patient support & education
- Disease tracking & monitoring
- Patient advocacy
Our clients range from large multinational corporations to independent specialist companies including:
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Novo Nordisk
- ViiV Healthcare
Client Services Director
- New Medical Director for emotive.
- Following a number of new international client wins, Dr Gill Boucher has joined the senior leadership team at emotive.
- emotive. shortlisted for 2 awards at the PMEA Awards 2016
- emotive’s reputation for delivering highly engaging award-winning innovation in science-led healthcare communications continues to be reinforced with the news that Virtual Valve has been shortlisted for two awards at the PMEA Awards 2016.
- emotive. expands Medical Writing and Client Services teams
- emotive. is pleased to announce the continued growth of our Client Services and Medical Writing teams, by welcoming Aki Okazaki PhD and Ian Seymour PhD.
- emotive. escapes with the crown jewels
- emotive’s Summer of Organised Fun saw the team venture to an escape room in London to take part in a bank heist and steal the crown jewels! All in the name of team building and fun of course.
- emotive MD joins Executive Committee of PM Society
- Following his election as a member of the PM Society Committee last year, emotive’s MD Chris Edmonds has now been appointed onto its Executive Committee.
- emotive does The Vitality British 10k London Run
- Inspired by Anj and Georgie’s half marathon success back in February, we set our sights on the next challenge; The Vitality British 10k London Run. Joined by a few additional (less seasoned) team members, the training continued but this time in a slightly warmer London.
- Technology: the missing link in true patient engagement?
- A new thought-leadership piece discussing technology and patient engagement is featured in PME and on PMLiVE. Read more here.
- emotive project shortlisted for prestigious Innovation in Healthcare Communications Awards
- emotive virtual reality medical education project gains second shortlisting at the 2016 Communiqué Awards, for the Innovation in Healthcare Communications category. Read more here.
- Award-winning Creative Director joins emotive
- emotive continues growth of the leadership team, by welcoming the appointment of Anke Buchta as our new Creative Director.
- Our client services director walks the talk
- Last week, our Client Services Director Adam Boucher set off on an adventure. A pilgrimage, to be precise. Read more here.
- Virtual Valve shortlisted at the Communiqué Awards 2016
- Virtual Valve, an emotive project for Edwards Lifesciences, is shortlisted for Excellence in Communications via a Live Event or Stand-Alone Activity category at the Communiqué Awards 2016. Read more here.
- emotive leads agency field at Digital Awards
- emotive continues its winning streak with 3 Golds and a Silver for two fantastically effective science and technology-led programmes at last night’s PM Digital Awards, to head the agency table of winners.
- Virtual reality—a change for the better in medical education
- An exploration of the variety of ways in which virtual reality is changing the face of healthcare and medical education, including a look at how it is helping researchers to understand the factors that influence a doctor’s response to ethically challenging prescription situations.
- Wearable Technology Show 2016 report: wearables that could change healthcare, by Andy Hastie
- Andy Hastie, emotive’s Experience Director, reports on some of the new technologies showcased at this year’s Wearable Technology Show and their potential to change healthcare.
- emotive proud to sponsor the Gamification category at the PM Digital Awards 2016
- As strong believers in using gaming principles to improve medical education and patient engagement, emotive are delighted to announce their sponsorship of the Gamification category at this year’s PM Digital Awards.
- Eat, Sleep, Run, Repeat…
- On Sunday 21st February, whilst others were enjoying a lazy Sunday lie-in, we were up bright and early, carb-loading and warming up for the Hampton Court half-marathon 2016.
- emotive shortlisted for four awards at the PM Digital Awards 2016
- Two technology-led healthcare communications projects developed by emotive have been announced as Finalists in the premier digital healthcare awards for 2016.
- 2016 brings new faces to emotive
- emotive appoints Chloë Duval as the new Head of Copy, and Elise Payne joins as a Team Assistant.
- CES 2016 report: new technologies that could improve patient care, by Andy Hastie
- emotive’s Experience Director Andy Hastie reports on CES 2016 and technologies that could lead to better patient care.
- emotive choose a charity to support in 2016
- To celebrate the success of 2015, emotive get charitable and choose to support The Brain Tumour Charity in 2016.
- The Eye Education app awarded Bronze at the E-Learning Awards 2015
- Designed by emotive for Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, the Eye Education app wins a Bronze in the Best Use of Mobile Learning category at the E-Learning Awards 2015.
- emotive boosts health economics and outcomes research team
- emotive’s health economics and outcomes research team has been strengthened with the appointment of Trishal Boodhna, a published health economist.
- The ASTELLAS INNOVATION CHALLENGE™, an Astellas project developed by emotive, receives further recognition
- Following a win at Communiqué 2015, the ASTELLAS INNOVATION CHALLENGE™ has been shortlisted for awards at the PMEAs and CorpComms.
- emotive boosts medical writing team with three new hires
- emotive expands the medical writing team with the appointment of Ana Mootoosamy as Senior Medical Writer, Serkan Ali as Medical Copywriter and Aaron Hall as Junior Copywriter.
- emotive Account Management team boosted following recent pitch wins
- With six pitch wins in the last six month, including a new Global account, emotive expands the team with two new recruits: Cécile Charrie as an Account Manager and Helen Moyes as an Account Executive.
- emotive adds further experience to senior team
- emotive welcomes the appointment of Trevor Aukim to Head of Development and Lizzie Nayman to Strategic Group Account Director.
- Another ‘innovation’ award for an emotive project with Astellas
- Proud to see Astellas Innovation Challenge win a Communiqué Award last week
- emotive expand to new central London office
- emotive have moved to a brand new office in central London.
- Oculus Rift goes deeper with the Virtual Valve
- emotive unveil their second Oculus virtual reality project with an intense, educational journey inside the heart
- emotive are proud sponsors of both Writing Excellence Categories at the Communiqué Awards 2015
- As the recipient of Communiqué Awards in both 2013 and 2014, emotive are delighted to announce their sponsorship of both the patient and professional Writing Excellence Categories.
- emotive MD joins PM Society Committee
- Chris Edmonds, MD of emotive, has joined the PM Society as a new Committee member.
- PM Society Digital Pioneer 2014 joins the emotive team
- Adam Boucher joins from Novo Nordisk as Client Services Director, alongside an internal promotion for Neil Kumar.
- Happy New Year from an expanding emotive team
- emotive is pleased to announce the appointment of Lucy Allen as Account Executive – an expansion that strengthens the emotive accounts team, ensuring that all of our clients receive the best in industry service.
- Three emotive entries shortlisted as finalists at the 2015 PM Society Awards
- Wonderful news to end off 2014 as three emotive projects are shortlisted as finalists at the PM Society Awards
- emotive’s virtual reality project ‘Diabetes Voyager’ picks up a prestigious Silver at the global 2014 Rx Club Awards
- emotive is very proud to announce that our virtual reality project ‘Diabetes Voyager’ for Novo Nordisk has collected a Silver at the prestigious 2014 Rx Club Awards.
- emotive and Novo Nordisk’s project ‘Decisions in Time’ wins the ‘Excellence via Digital/Social Media’ at the 2014 PMEA awards.
- emotive is very proud to announce that our interactive workshop ‘Decisions in Time’ (DiT), developed for Novo Nordisk, has won the award for ‘Excellence via Digital/Social Media’ in the Channel Excellence category at the 2014 PMEA awards.
- emotive project Decisions in Time wins gold for the Digital solution for congress/symposium at the 2014 PM Digital Media Awards
- emotive project Decision in Time wins gold for Digital solution for congress/symposium and takes away three more awards at the 2014 PM Digital Media Awards
- Award-winning emotive project, Decisions in Time, nominated as a finalist in yet more pharmaceutical awards
- emotive is delighted to announce that Decisions in Time has been judged a finalist in three categories at the prestigious Pharmaceutical Marketing Effectiveness Awards 2014.
- emotive client Adam Boucher of Novo Nordisk announced as a finalist for Digital Pioneer at the 2014 PM Digital Awards
- emotive is delighted to announced that our client Adam Boucher, our nomination for the 2014 Digital Pioneer award at the PM Digital Awards has been shortlisted as a finalist.
- Neil Kumar announced as a finalist for Account Manager of the Year at the PM Society Digital Media Awards 2014
- emotive is proud to announce that Neil Kumar has been announced as a shortlisted finalist for the prestigious Account Manager of the Year award at the PM Society Digital Media Awards 2014
- emotive is thrilled to be a sponsor of the PM Society’s Digital Media Awards 2014
- emotive is proud to announce that we will sponsoring the PM Society’s Digital Media Awards 2014
- emotive nominated in five categories at the PM Society 2014 Digital Media Awards!
- emotive is proud to announce that Diabetes Voyager, Decisions in Time and the OAB Health Economics iPad app have been shortlisted as finalists in five categories at PM Society 2014 Digital Media Awards
- emotive appoints Aaron Joshua Barroso as a Digital Marketing Manager
- emotive is happy to announce the appointment of Aaron Joshua Barroso to the role of Digital Marketing Manager.
- emotive expands senior management team
- emotive is proud to announce the appointments of Francesco Raimo as Development Director and Andy Hastie to the new role of Experience Director
- Georgie Burrows joins emotive as a Junior Planner
- emotive are pleased to announce the expansion of our strategic planning team following the recruitment of Georgie Burrows as a Junior Planner
- emotive and Novo Nordisk win Special Judges’ Award for Innovation in Healthcare Communications at Communiqué 2014
- Interactive patient case-study workshop Decisions in Time, developed for Novo Nordisk, won prestigious Judges’ Award at Communiqué 2014
- Packer Forbes and emotive collaborate to strengthen their integrated healthcare communications offering
- emotive is delighted to announce an official collaboration with Packer Forbes – a specialist healthcare communications company.
- emotive expands its Digital Marketing team
- emotive is pleased to announce the appointment of Sarah Lemarchand as a Digital Marketing Executive
- emotive and Novo Nordisk driving innovation in healthcare communications
- Medical education workshop, Decisions in Time (DiT), is announced as a finalist in ‘The Judges’ Special Award for Innovation in Healthcare Communications’ for prestigious Communiqué Awards
- Medical education campaign with a difference - Decisions in Time - announced as finalist for two Communiqué Awards
- Innovative and interactive patient case-study workshop, Decisions in Time, is announced as a finalist in Excellence in Communications via Meetings and Excellence in Digital Communications for prestigious Communiqué Awards
- emotive appoints Stephen Dunn as Client Services Director
- Experienced Healthcare Communication Strategist joins emotive’s client services team
- The Diabetes Voyager - a journey into the future of medical communications
- The hotly anticipated Diabetes Voyager was recently unveiled to delegates at Diabetes UK.
- emotive shortlisted for prestigious PM Award
- Innovative health economics iPad app up for a Digital Interactive Award
- Adam Goodband joins emotive as a Strategic Planner
- emotive are pleased to announce the addition of former Sanofi Pasteur MSD medical writer to the team
- emotive hires new recruits for 2014
- Ex-pharmacist and experienced project manager join team
- emotive shortlisted for two PMEAs
- Following on from a win and highly commended at this years Communique awards, patient support programme MyAsthma is a finalist in two PMEA categories.
- Malcolm Badger joins emotive as Creative Director
- Former Creative Director of Havas Life, Malcolm Badger will lead emotive’s growing creative team.
- Isabella Dabby promoted to Strategic Planner
- After joining emotive as an Account Manager earlier this year, Issy has moved to the company's growing strategic team.
- emotive are PM Digital Award Finalists
- The PM Society announced today that emotive are finalists in 3 categories of the PM Digital Awards 2013
- emotive and GSK win Communiqué award for MyAsthma
- Developed by emotive for GSK, MyAsthma won excellence in patient programmes at the Communiqué awards.
- Replay Digital becomes emotive
- After 12 years of delivering digital marketing services under the name Replay Digital, it’s time for a change
- Replay appoints Andy Hastie as Head of Digital
- Specialist healthcare agency Replay Digital appoints Andy Hastie to head up their UX, technical and creative departments.
PM Digital Awards 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016
Communiqué Awards 2013, 2014, 2015
PMEA Awards 2014
Rx Club Show Award 2014
PM Awards 2013, 2014
E-learning Awards 2015
"emotive. is my favourite
agency. No other company is as committed
to their clients, they’ll
never let you down. "
EU MARKETING DIRECTOR, BMS
the uniqueness of the healthcare sector, the customers and what we want to
communicate – a great combination."
SENIOR EU MARKETING MANAGER, EDWARDS
"Thanks for your outstanding support at
the International expert meeting. Your professionalism, attention to
detail and ‘can-do’ approach have contributed to the success
of this event."
DIRECTOR – MEDICAL EDUCATION, ALLERGAN
whole team at emotive. are second
MARKETING DIRECTOR, GSK
"Thank you for bringing to us this
innovative concept!! The feedback from the KOLs was
MARKETING DIRECTOR, SHIRE
with the campaign emotive. delivered… we have the materials, the campaign and
the strategy. I thoroughly enjoy working
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER, MERCK
57 Rathbone Place