About the Top 40 Creative Healthcare Agencies
PMLiVE's Top 40 Creative Healthcare Agencies lists advertising, branding, creative and design agencies who are working in the UK healthcare sector.
The aim of the T40 listing is to highlight those creative agencies having the most impact in the UK healthcare sector in 2018. The agencies were drawn from a shortlist based on selected 2018 healthcare awards schemes and specialist advertising, branding, creative and design agencies drawn from a number of sources including PMLiVE's PMHub, PMGroup databases and other sources in the public domain. This is not an exhaustive list of all companies working in this sector, some agencies were outside the top 40, some declined to participate and some did not provide any data. You can find more creative agencies in PMLiVE's PMHub listed under advertising, branding or creative design
Consultancies specialising in Healthcare PR and medical education were not asked to supply details for this year's T40 listing - if you would like more information on medical communications consultancies, please see Communiqué, the Communiqué Awards or browse through the PR, medical education and medical communications categories of PMHub.
PMLiVE and PMGroup Worldwide Ltd do not recommend or approve any of the agencies in the T40 list - and provide no guarantee of the validity of the data shown. The rankings are calculated from a mix of information supplied by the agencies and data found in the public domain (further details are shown below).
The data is displayed in a series of ranking tables showing some of the major agencies in the UK healthcare sector - and how they compare in a number of different areas.
As well as an overall ranking there are top ten lists for:
- Smaller agencies (Agencies with less than 25 total staff)
- Independent agencies
- Young agencies (Less than ten years old)
- UK focused agencies (approx 90-100% of their agency billings are from advertising, creative, design and branding projects in the UK healthcare sector)
Individuals within pharmaceutical companies who have direct responsibility for selecting agencies to work on:
- Advertising Campaigns
- Digital advertising Campaigns
- Creative Design
- Individuals within pharmaceutical companies who work with agencies and can recommend suppliers
- Individuals within procurement who can approve budgets for creative work
- Individuals looking to work in a creative agency
- Creative agencies looking to benchmark their company
A short list was created from a number of places including:
Publicly available awards results; PMLiVE's PMHub categories; PMGroup's in-house databases; Other data sources within the public domain
To be listed all agencies must have offices within the United Kingdom, permanent staff operating in the UK - and have billed over £100,000 on advertising, branding, creative and design work in the UK healthcare sector in 2018.
You can apply to be included in the 2020 shortlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting your PMLiVE account manager
There are a number of different ranking factors taken into consideration - and each factor is weighted when generating the overall score which is made up of:
- 2018 Awards*: 40%
- Billings from from advertising, branding, creative and design within the UK healthcare sector in 2018**: 20%
- Total agency billings in 2018**: 10%
- Number of staff working on healthcare**: 10%
- Social media presence***: 10%
- Number of staff**: 5%
- Agency age**: 5%
* For the 2019 T40, points were awarded for different levels of success in 3 targeted awards schemes, PMSociety Awards 2018, PMSociety Digital Awards 2018 and The Creative Floor Healthcare Awards 2018 - and a total score calculated for each agency.
** Data was supplied by the agencies based on set ranges with varying levels of depth to ensure comparison across a wide range and size of agencies was possible. The bar charts in this publication give an indication of the data supplied, but are scored from wide and varying banding levels and as such the length of the bar charts should not be used to infer direct comparisons between each agencies' actual data (which was not supplied).
For example, if one bar chart is twice the length of another, it should not be inferred that the agency has exactly twice the level of that specific measure. There is some weighting towards smaller agencies which have a greater amount of their overall work taking place in the UK, to reflect the jump between 1 million and 2 million in billings as having a greater impact than between 45 million and 46 million for example, and to reflect the aim of the publication in highlighting those agencies that have had an impact on the UK marketplace.
*** Social Media presence score calculated by looking at the number of followers on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIN for the agencies corporate accounts (account data supplied by the agencies - all counts made and verified by PMLiVE on 27th August 2019)
There will be a print publication containing:
- Industry analyses & opinion articles;
- Thought leaders by agency personnel;
- A ranking section which will include profiles of listed agencies;
- Additional top ten ranking lists on specific factors such as:
Social media presence
UK focused agencies
Young agencies; and
- A page explaining the methodology, any caveats and inclusion rules
The print version will be posted approximately six weeks after the online version is launched.
You can register to receive a copy here.
Subscribe to our email news alerts
- The essential medicine list (EML) contains treatments considered to be the most effective and safe in targeting global health concerns. On 9 July 2019, the World Health Organization (WHO) published...
- By Leela Barham...
- Leading AstraZeneca’s return to growth in Europe
- Eli Lilly shutters UK neuroscience unit, with 80 job losses expected
- Takeda offloads select portfolio to Acino ahead of Shire takeover
- Roche reports continued growth in Q3, despite biosimilar competition
- Roche eyes filings for Tecentriq/Avastin combo in liver cancer
- Bayer/J&J claim new FDA okay for clot drug Xarelto
- New role for Branding Science's Global Compliance Officer
- Biogen and Eisai revive abandoned aducanumab in shock turnaround
- BMS’ Opdivo/Yervoy combo scores in front-line lung cancer
- Janssen files Tremfya for psoriatic arthritis in Europe
- UK rations AZ’s paediatric flu vaccine after delivery delays
- Millennial Physicians And Digital Health Services