- Agency description
Virgo Health is a leading global health communications and medical education agency. We combine deep knowledge and experience in high, science, clinical practice, and public health with the best in creative consumer marketing and branding – progressive, innovative and bold.
Beyond the regulation and complexity healthcare is an industry with people at its heart, which is why everything we do starts with our ethos, Being Human. It means understanding our clients and audiences as individuals to build powerful campaigns that earn attention in authentic, personalised and creative ways.
We’re passionate about helping people to make better decisions about health and wellbeing. Whether it’s clinicians selecting the best treatment, patients understanding their disease better or empowering consumers to self-treat. Our services include corporate reputation, consumer health, issues management, employee engagement, creative medical learning and education, meeting facilitation, publication planning, social media, content creation, creative services and media and influencer relations. We work with clients from our London and New York offices, but as part of Golin and the Interpublic Group we are also part of a bigger networked team that works on complex multi-agency, multi-market business.
Our full creative production studio, The Pharmacy, is a unique team of healthcare specialists focused on brand and design. The Pharmacy dispense best-in-class creativity and design, using their expertise to bring insights and ideas to life, from concept to delivery to earn you attention across earned, owned and paid channels. Our work in this area has trebled over the last two years, as we have broadened the types of brand creative, motion, animation and design work we deliver.
Being Human is not only an ethos, it’s our culture. It means we show true empathy and always look to support each other, nurture our talent and grow our skills. We celebrate our differences and know one size does not fit all, so we reject outdated workplace culture and embrace inclusive and flexible ways of working that work for everyone. We make no apology for boasting about our brilliant team and the great work we do, we are proud to be a Great Place To Work 11 years in a row and to have created the most awarded Healthcare PR campaign of 2020, culminating in the PRCA Campaign of the Year.
- Key contact
- Laura Weston
- Marketing and New Business, Executive Director
- 2020 Agency Data
- This information was supplied or confirmed by Virgo Health. Bar charts are indicative only, with 100% being the maximum score allocated across all agencies. Billings from UK creative healthcare work are not a subset of total annual billings, and so may show a higher rating.
- Ranking factors contributing to agency score
- This chart shows the relative factors that contributed to the agency's overall ranking.
- PRCA Awards – Health and Wellness Award
Communique Awards – Excellence in Engagement Through Digital Channels
Great Places to Work
- This may contain additional awards supplied by Virgo Health that were not included when generating this year’s T40 - please see methodology to find out which awards schemes were included.
COVID-19 Updates and Daily News
- Leading finance experts propose an Emergency Health Financing Facility to limit the impact of future crises on the EU...
- The recent development of several COVID-19 vaccines has placed medical research firmly in the spotlight, highlighting public confusion and misinformation about clinical trials. Patient advocate, Trishna Bharadia reveals what the...
- Generating data for drug launches is a challenging process. In rare diseases, with small patient populations and high unmet need, evidence generation is even more complex. Consultant Sarah Poole and...
- Moderna cooperating with investigation into possible COVID-19 vaccine allergic reactions
- Sanofi, GSK delay COVID-19 vaccine trial after underwhelming results in elderly participants
- BMS gains FDA approval for second Opdivo combo in kidney cancer
- New study identifies drugs that are safe to use in COVID-19 treatment
- Inovio plans late-stage COVID-19 vaccine study in second quarter 2021
- Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine found to be effective against UK virus variant
- Regeneron’s antibody cocktail prevents COVID-19 in high-risk patients
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine appears effective against UK and South Africa variants
- AZ refutes reports suggesting its COVID-19 vaccine is less effective in the elderly
- UK study finds antibiotics azithromycin and doxycycline ineffective against COVID-19
- Merck ends its COVID-19 vaccine programme after disappointing early trial results
- Wilmington Healthcare appoints new Head of Digital