woolleypau is a creative agency working on pharmaceutical and medical device brands for pan-European and global clients. We combine award-winning ideas with deep strategic expertise. Our case studies span pretty much everything healthcare means now.
- Agency description
It could be a first-in-class drug, proudly launching across the globe. It could be a fourth-to-market challenger, fighting its way to the top, or simply looking for a niche. It might be a generic medicine striving not to be a commodity – or a biosimilar searching for something unsimilar to say. All healthcare brands aren’t created equal, but ultimately all of them survive in the same way, by asking people to do things – to fund, to prescribe, to recommend, to use…
And with decades of case studies behind us, we’ve learned that if you’re asking someone to do something, it matters how you ask.
That’s not a huge insight – “ask nicely” is advice your mum gave – but it does explain the woolleypau way. Wherever there’s a marketer with a message to get across, wherever there are healthcare professionals seeking to do their best for patients, wherever there are people trying to get along with their medicines, there are humans at work – asking, coaxing, hoping to persuade. Just in that simple thought is a whole world of beautifully quirky behavioural psychology. That’s our world; that’s why we do the kind of work we do.
As we’ve evolved and adapted to the new and the next in healthcare, we’ve stuck to our principles. If anything, now we can take our clients into the world of social media and beyond, the ability to engage and delight matters more than ever. With our connections, we can help brands find and follow customers with brilliant data-driven precision, but we’re still us. We still understand the difference between targeting people and truly getting through to them.
- Key contact
- Ed Shorthose
- Managing Director
- 2020 Agency Data
- This information was supplied or confirmed by woolleypau. Bar charts are indicative only, with 100% being the maximum score allocated across all agencies. Billings from UK creative healthcare work are not a subset of total annual billings, and so may show a higher rating.
- Ranking factors contributing to agency score
- This chart shows the relative factors that contributed to the agency's overall ranking.
- PMSociety Awards 2019/20 - Craft Award - Best Use Of Insight (Silver)
PMSociety Digital Awards 2020 - Integrated Channels (Gold)
- This may contain additional awards supplied by woolleypau that were not included when generating this year’s T40 - please see methodology to find out which awards schemes were included.
COVID-19 Updates and Daily News
- Leading finance experts propose an Emergency Health Financing Facility to limit the impact of future crises on the EU...
- The recent development of several COVID-19 vaccines has placed medical research firmly in the spotlight, highlighting public confusion and misinformation about clinical trials. Patient advocate, Trishna Bharadia reveals what the...
- Generating data for drug launches is a challenging process. In rare diseases, with small patient populations and high unmet need, evidence generation is even more complex. Consultant Sarah Poole and...
- Moderna cooperating with investigation into possible COVID-19 vaccine allergic reactions
- Sanofi, GSK delay COVID-19 vaccine trial after underwhelming results in elderly participants
- BMS gains FDA approval for second Opdivo combo in kidney cancer
- New study identifies drugs that are safe to use in COVID-19 treatment
- Inovio plans late-stage COVID-19 vaccine study in second quarter 2021
- Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine found to be effective against UK virus variant
- Regeneron’s antibody cocktail prevents COVID-19 in high-risk patients
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine appears effective against UK and South Africa variants
- AZ refutes reports suggesting its COVID-19 vaccine is less effective in the elderly
- UK study finds antibiotics azithromycin and doxycycline ineffective against COVID-19
- Merck ends its COVID-19 vaccine programme after disappointing early trial results
- Wilmington Healthcare appoints new Head of Digital