Please login to the form below

Not currently logged in

Best Use of Data Visualisation

Sponsored by

Back to results



by Xcenda for AmerisourceBergen

Summary of work

Xcenda developed a data-driven, interactive dashboard (ie, Travel and Re-entry Assessment for COVID-19 [TRAC] Tool) to support re-entry decision making for our client’s field-based associates.
The dashboard incorporates data from Johns Hopkins and client-specific re-entry rules (eg, allowable positivity rate thresholds). Rules are implemented in a simplified, user-friendly dashboard interface accessible on any device. Up-to-date information is incorporated through a weekly data refresh of the data source. The dashboard enables standardized field re-entry decision making and efficiencies for in-person customer support by linking external COVID-19 data to internal re-entry rules. The map is searchable both by address (ex, 123 Beach Lane, Tampa, Florida) and by organization name (ex, Tampa General Hospital). The tool is accessible to users via Microsoft Teams with a single sign-on through Office 365.
Without this data visualization, re-entry decision making would have been time- and resource-intensive and decisions would have been made on a case-by-case basis. From December 19, 2020 to March 17, 2021, the tool was accessed 4,478 times by 317 unique users. More than 81% of team members have used the TRAC Tool for planning travel. The remaining 19% are on teams which do not require in-person support as of March 17, 2020.

Judges' comments

The TRAC Tool stood out with its interesting and different approach, offering an easy-to-understand solution and the judges liked that it was an internal piece. A simple, clever application to help manage the business better - very commendable.


Meningitis Progress Tracker - by Meningitis Research Foundation

Category Sponsors

Catherine Devaney, WE Communications – Communiqué Awards Judge

Key dates

Entry deadline 11 March 2022
Extended entry deadline 18 March 2022
(additional fee applies)
Judging days May 2022
Awards Ceremony 7th July 2022

Contact information:

For sponsorship opportunities:
Sales Team
Tel: +44 (0)1372 414200

General event enquiries:
Debbie Tuesley
Tel: +44 (0)1372 414243

Entry and dinner booking enquiries:
Saoirse Meenaghan
Tel: 01372 414253