VCCP Health is the challenger agency for challenger brands. We transform the fortunes of Rx, OTC and wellness brands with big ideas that work across every touchpoint in the customer journey. Our work has often led to awards, but above all, it leads to results.
- Agency description
The challenger agency for challenger brands
VCCP Health was founded in 2008, as a specialist team equipped to bring VCCP’s renowned challenger thinking to healthcare brands. As well as our name and London offices, we share the VCCP principles, designed to challenge the bad habits of big agencies. This means we keep teams small and agile and foster a happy, responsible work environment.
We pride ourselves on developing big ideas for healthcare brands that stand out, create intrigue and disrupt category conventions. Ideas that can change brand fortunes and change lives too.
Having said that, the small details matter to us just as much as the big ideas. Process and punctuality may not sound exciting, but it’s our consistent attention to detail that keeps accounts running smoothly and ensure that we always deliver for clients.
We specialise in working with ambitious clients to transform the fortunes of their Rx, OTC and wellness brands. How? By challenging the categories they operate in – in other words, finding a unique way to help the brand stand out from the crowd.
Our motto ‘It only works if it all works’ is essential part of this process, ensuring we think beyond advertising and consider the entire customer experience.
Once we gain a thorough understanding of our client’s business, we create a specialist team with the right skillsets to solve whatever challenge they face. This team works within the VCCP Partnership, sharing resources with our consumer colleagues who work on brands such as O2, Cadbury and Easyjet. This enables us to bring the latest consumer marketing thinking and innovations to healthcare brands.
We love to win awards (who doesn’t) but above all we judge ourselves by the results we achieve for our clients. Time and again though, we see a direct link between award-winning work and the upturn in the fortunes of our clients who ran it – keeping our creative teams and our clients happy.
Enough about us.
Are you facing any business problems or looking to get your brand noticed? Why not get in touch. We’re always ready for a challenge.
- Contact details
- Greencoat House, 1 Francis St, London SW1P 1DH
- 020 7592 9331
- Key contact
- Beverley Newbury
- Chief Executive Officer
- 2022 Agency Data
2021 awardsTotal staff50-74 staffBillings from UK creative healthcare workHealthcare staff50-74 staffTotal agency billingsAgency ageBetween 10 and 15 yearsSocial media footprintStatusNETWORKEDApproximate percentage of advertising, branding, creative or design work in the UK healthcare market50-59%
- This information was supplied or confirmed by VCCP Health. Bar charts are indicative only, with 100% being the maximum score allocated across all agencies. Billings from UK creative healthcare work are not a subset of total annual billings, and so may show a higher rating.
- Ranking factors contributing to agency score
- This chart shows the relative factors that contributed to the agency's overall ranking.
- 2021 PM Society Awards
CREATIVE CULTURE AWARD - Creative Culture at VCCP - Gold
DISEASE AWARENESS (PUBLIC/PATIENTS) - MSD Contraception - Bronze
EFFECTIVENESS - BRAND CAMPAIGN - Edwards Reborn - Gold
FILM & ANIMATION AIMED AT HCPS - Clare's Story film - Bronze
FILM & ANIMATION AIMED AT PUBLIC/PATIENTS - Teva World MS Day animation - Finalist
2021 PM Digital Awards:
Craft animation, Teva, World MS Day animation - Silver
Multichannel Campaign Effectiveness, Edwards, Inspiris Resilia Storks - Silver
2021 Cannes Lions Pharma
FILM CRAFT: ANIMATION / VISUAL EFFECTS - EDWARDS STORKS - BRONZE LION
FILM: CINEMA, TV AND DIGITAL FILM CONTENT A04 (Non-regulated: Direct to Consumer) - TEVA HAIRSPRAY - GOLD LION
FILM: CINEMA, TV AND DIGITAL FILM CONTENT B02 (Non-Regulated) - TEVA HAIRSPRAY - SILVER LION
Cannes Lions 2020/21 - Top 3 Healthcare Agency
2021 The Vetty Awards (animal health awards)
Product launch campaign - Elura 'Feline Fabulous' for Elanco - Silver
Print advertising B2B/Trade - Entyce 'More than a meal' for Elanco - Silver
Print advertising B2B Trade - Tanovea 'Hundreds of reasons' for Elanco - Silfer
2022 PM Society Awards
Diversity and Inclusion in Creative Communications - D&I at VCCP Health - Gold
Agency Champion - Lesley Ohene, VCCP Health - Winner
Film and Animation aimed at HCPs - Chiesi UK Digital Consultation Animation - Silver
Disease Awareness (HCPs) - Chiesi UK Digital Consultation Animation - Bronze
2022 PM Digital Awards
CRAFT ANIMATION - Chiesi UK Digital Consultation Animation - Gold
2022 Clio Pharma Awards
Film (pharmaceutical category) - Teva Chemo Show - Bronze
- This may contain additional awards supplied by VCCP Health that were not included when generating this year’s T40 - please see methodology to find out which awards schemes were included.
Latest content from VCCP Health on PMHub
- Blog: Digital therapeutics: within our reach?
- Digital therapeutics is a hot topic right now. By using digital technology to manage, treat or even prevent chronic conditions, digital therapeutics is promising to revolutionise healthcare. But is this still pie in the sky thinking or could we expect this as our prescription in the not-so-distant future? To help us answer this, let’s look at the key areas where digital therapeutics is being developed.
- Open Up Their World: Leo Psoriasis - GP Education Campaign
- Active Life Ahead: MSD, Simponi - Brand Campaign
COVID-19 Updates and Daily News
- Health inequalities are increasingly being recognised as a crucial healthcare challenge in the UK...
- Pharma red tape slows comms but there is a solution, Paul Hutchings, founder of fox&cat, writes....
- Scott Curley talks to PME about the risks of CVD and the importance of getting the right treatment at the right time...
- FDA proposes improvements for oncology clinical trials supporting accelerated approval
- AbbVie’s Parkinson’s disease therapy application rejected by FDA
- AstraZeneca’s mild combination asthma reliever approved in UK
- Eli Lilly increases investment to almost $1bn for new Irish manufacturing facility
- Merck reports positive results for Keytruda plus chemotherapy in endometrial cancer
- AstraZeneca/MSD’s Lynparza combination approved in UK for prostate cancer
- Bristol Myers Squibb’s Sotyktu approved by EC for plaque psoriasis
- Positive results for Almirall’s lebrikizumab in atopic dermatitis published in NEJM and BJD
- When to call in the specialists: strategy in Medical Affairs
- Time to talk about health inequalities
- Powering Rapid Cognitive Analysis with AI
- AstraZeneca and Amgen’s Tezspire recommended by NICE for severe asthma
Operating in 50+ countries, we’re a leading research, educational, and professional publisher dedicated to advancing scientific discovery. Whether you’re looking...